Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Ten Middle Grade Books I've Been Meaning To Read, But Haven't Yet

Happy Tuesday! This morning on Mundie Moms I shared my Ten Books I Can't Believe I Haven't Read Yet (but I will be reading this year), per my Top Ten Tuesday post. Sadly my list features some fabulous MG books that have been sitting on my bookcase of TBR books. 




Many of these are books featured in a series who's first book I loved. By sharing my list here, I'm committing myself to read these books before this summer. 
  1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling (book 4). I am so embarrassed that this is even on my list, but maybe by mentioning it I'll finally finish reading it. My son has recently gotten into Harry Potter, and I need to read this book before he finishes it.
  2. The Unwanteds: Island of Fire and Island of Legends (books 3 & 4) by Lisa McMann. The fifth book in the series comes out today!
  3. Keeper of the Lost Cities: Exile and Everblaze (books 2 & 3) by Shannon Messenger.
  4. The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place by Maryrose Wood
  5. The School of Good and Evil by Soman Chainani,
  6. Loki's Wolves: The Blackwell Pages by Kelley Armstrong
  7. Storybound by Marissa Burt,
  8. The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer
  9. Starry River of the Sky by Grace Lin
  10. The Water Castle by Megan Frazer Blackmore
What are some MG books you've been wanting to read, but haven't had a chance to yet? 

9 comments:

  1. I loved The Land of Stories, but still have to read the others in that series. I haven't read a single Harry Potter book so don't be embarrassed that you've only read three!

    I really want to read Brown Girl Dreaming, Wonder, Holes and Breadcrumbs. Now that I've written those out, I need to put them on my list to read this year! I'm also in the process of reading the rest of The Giver series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have totally made me feel better about not finishing the HP series yet. I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

      I've heard a lot of great things about The Land of Stories series. I'm glad to know you loved the first one. I can't wait to read it.

      The Giver series is great!

      Please let me know when you read the other books! I'd love to come read your reviews. :)

      Delete
  2. I only read the first Harry Potter book. Maybe someday I'll get to the rest. I want to read Shannon Messenger's two sequels as well. I loved the first one. So many books, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY, another person who's not read the HP series. I'm so glad I'm not alone in that. I agree, there are so many books and not even close to enough time. It stinks. I wish I could binge read all the books in one night. lol

      Delete
  3. I really want to read The Land of Stories and need to read Odin's Ravens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, great list Katie. <3 Ack! I have loved many of these books. And yesss. You need to find the time to read them soon, lol :D I ADORE The School for Good and Evil. <3 Those books are amazing :D Happy reading sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carina. I love MG books, and I'm so behind on reading so many of them, it pains me. I plan on getting all these ones read within the next couple of months. I'm happy to know you love TSFGAE. I've heard it's a wonderful read. I can't wait to start it.

      Delete
  5. I'm reading the Harry Potter books for the first time too! I'm on book six. :)
    The School for Good and Evil is on my list, too. It's one of those books I bought for my daughter. . . because I really wanted to read it too. Lol. She really enjoyed it! But I haven't gotten to it yet.

    ReplyDelete

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. ~ Anna Quindlen

Good children's literature appeals not only to
the child in the adult, but to the adult in the child.
~ Anonymous ~